Job and Family Services offers online account access | Politics
HAMILTON (FOX19) - Clients of the Butler County Department of Job and Family Services (JFS) now have the ability to check on the status of their benefits without ever having to call or visit the agency in-person.
Beginning Sept. 1, 2011, individuals can access their case information from the website, www.odjfsbenefits.ohio.gov. After setting up a username and password, clients will have a variety of online options available to them, such as:
• The status of their submitted application
• Current and past case information
• Their monthly benefit status
• Their benefit issuance date
• Their cash and food assistance balances
• The ability to print a statement showing benefits received over the past 12 months
• The ability to enroll in a managed care plan (if they are enrolled in Medicaid)
• Access to common forms, notices and frequently asked questions
“This new website allows clients more flexibility, greater convenience and will decrease the time and costs involved with calling or visiting the agency. They now have, at the touch of a key stroke, the ability to view important information concerning the status of their benefits. We are excited to be able to offer this option to our clients,” said Butler County Job and Family Services Director Jerome Kearns.
Butler County JFS works with the citizens of Butler County and its partner organizations to create opportunities for self-sufficiency and to provide a safety net to families in need. By providing transitional benefits, skill-building opportunities, and help in getting and keeping jobs, the agency strives to assist families in poverty.
Copyright 2011 FOX19. All rights reserved.