Coroner: Miami U student died of heroin overdose | News
OXFORD, OH (FOX19)- The Butler County coroner says a Miami University student was found dead last month died of a heroin overdose.
Police found the body of Andy Supronas, 21, after doing a welfare check at his apartment in the 300 block of North Main Street in early December.
According to the Butler County Coroner's Office, Supronos' manner of death was accidental and his cause of death was a heroin overdose.
Supronas was from Mason, a software engineering major and member of the Phi Delta Theta fraternity.
Phi Delta Theta released a statement after his death saying, "The brothers of the Alpha chapter of Phi Delta Theta are deeply saddened by the loss of our brother Andy Supronas. In April 2010, Andy became an initiated member of the chapter where he positively impacted the executive board. Andy showed initiative in Miami's Greek community fostering leadership through his participation in Acropolis, Miami's Greek Leadership Conference. He was also an active participant on Miami's campus where he enhanced the lives of those around him. Hearing of this tragic event, the brothers of Phi Delta Theta wish to extend our condolences to his family and those closest to him."
Copyright 2012 WXIX. All rights reserved.