Planned Parenthood to rally in Hamilton Sunday | Health
HAMILTON, OH (FOX19) - Planned Parenthood Southwest Ohio will hold a rally at Noon Sunday outside their location in Hamilton to protest an amendment to a federal health funding bill that would ban all federal funding for Planned Parenthood.
The amendment and the bill passed in the U. S. House of Representatives a few days ago. Supporters of the bill don't want any money going to a group that provides abortions, while Planned Parenthood says most of its operations don't involve abortion, and that little or no federal money helps provide abortions.
The group says they are the sole provider of federally funded Medicaid and Title IX health programs in house speaker John Boehner's District that provide breast and cervical cancer screenings, annual exams, birth control, and HIV testing, and that the bill will completely eliminate these services to low-income women who are not getting abortions.
The rally will be at Noon Sunday outside their location at 11 Ludlow Street in Hamilton.
Copyright 2011 FOX19. All rights reserved.
Top Butler County Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Season of After-Hours on the Square summer concerts begin Thursday
- Free hearing screenings given at UC Health in West Chester
- Super-sized CPR class offered and Stork Awards presented in West Chester
- Adena Elementary principal accepting job in Mariemont
- UC Helth Center in West Chester celebrates grand opening