All slots taken in the First-ever Mudathlon: Cincinnati | Events
LIBERTY TOWNSHIP, BUTLER COUNTY - Organizers of Mudathlon Cincinnati say the event has sold out days in advance of the race.
The roughly 3 mile course, with 40 obstacles, will have over 3,500 participants running its rugged path this Saturday.
Big Mudder, Jeff Graves, shares, "For this being a first year location, we are thrilled to have this kind of response for Mudathlon-Cincinnati! We hope to be back even bigger next year." Mudathletes will come from all over the country, in order to participate in the upcoming race. Participants represent 27 states and have an average age of 33.
A spokesperson says though there is no more room for participants, they definitely welcome spectators, and that there is room at the start and finish lines.
The 1st Annual Mudathlon-Cincinnati will take place on Saturday, August 13, 2011 at Niederman Family Farm in Liberty Township.
The Mudathlon Series features 4 events, in Indianapolis, Chicagoland/NW Indiana, Cincinnati, and Northeast Ohio. Mudathlon is a new breed of endurance events sweeping the nation that offer adventurous off-road runs that have uniquely challenging obstacles and focuses on fun from start to finish. These themed events will be 3 to 4 miles of off-road running featuring lots of mud, 40 plus fun obstacles, and outstanding post-race party. Online registration is open until Wednesday, August 10 at noon eastern time at www.Mudathlon.com.
- Participant waves start at 7:45 a.m. and then every 15 minutes until 4:00 p.m. (Just over 100 participants per wave)
- 12 foot Cargo Net Climb
- 24 foot Monkey Bar Challenge
- 100 yard mud pit participants will be crawling and running through the pit twice
- 30 foot Mud Slide
- Muck = A dark or black soil; mire; mud. Also a term used in place of profanities by the Mudathletes.
- Mud-der = An athlete who performs well in muck, or muddy conditions.
- Mud-ath-lete = A Mudder who successfully complete the Mudathlon and by doing so has a Mucking Good Time.
- Mud-ath-lon = A off road running event consisting of multiple pits of mud, challenging obstacles, and access to post-race beer. An event that is simply fun, forcing even the grouchiest of mucks to have a Mucking Good Time! Products of the Mudathlon are Mudathletes.
The Niederman Family Farm is at 5110 LeSourdesville - West Chester Road in Liberty Township.
Copyright 2011 FOX19. All rights reserved.