3500 to compete at the First Mudathlon: Cincinnati | Events
LIBERTY TOWNSHIP, BUTLER COUNTY - The 1st Annual Mudathlon-Cincinnati will take place on Saturday, August 13, 2011 at Niederman Family Farm in Liberty Township. There will be over 3,500 Mudathletes participating coming from 27 States in this year's event.
The Mudathlon Series features 4 events, in Indianapolis, Chicagoland/NW Indiana, Cincinnati, and Northeast Ohio. Mudathlon is a new breed of endurance events sweeping the nation that offer adventurous off-road runs that have uniquely challenging obstacles and focuses on fun from start to finish. These themed events will be 3 to 4 miles of off-road running featuring lots of mud, 40 plus fun obstacles, and outstanding post-race party. Online registration is open until Wednesday, August 10 at noon eastern time at www.Mudathlon.com.
- Participant waves start at 7:45 a.m. and then every 15 minutes until 4:00 p.m. (Just over 100 participants per wave)
- 12 foot Cargo Net Climb
- 24 foot Monkey Bar Challenge
- 100 yard mud pit participants will be crawling and running through the pit twice
- 30 foot Mud Slide
- Muck = A dark or black soil; mire; mud. Also a term used in place of profanities by the Mudathletes.
- Mud-der = An athlete who performs well in muck, or muddy conditions.
- Mud-ath-lete = A Mudder who successfully complete the Mudathlon and by doing so has a Mucking Good Time.
- Mud-ath-lon = A off road running event consisting of multiple pits of mud, challenging obstacles, and access to post-race beer. An event that is simply fun, forcing even the grouchiest of mucks to have a Mucking Good Time! Products of the Mudathlon are Mudathletes.
The Niederman Family Farm is at 5110 LeSourdesville - West Chester Road in Liberty Township.
Copyright 2011 FOX19. All rights reserved.